BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN – The telco DST feted teachers of Maktab Sains Paduka Seri Begawan Sultan College (MSPSBS), which was voted the top school in a social media campaign.
The public voted for the country’s top 15 schools in DST’s “Vote Your School – Teachers Day Instagram Campaign” aimed at rewarding teachers.
The campaign, which ran from September 21-24, saw an overwhelming number of votes for schools across Brunei. The campaign was initially set to reward 10 schools, but the number was increased to 15 due to the response and tight number of votes.
DST will also visit the remaining 14 schools. The list of the schools (ranked in order by the most votes) are:
- Chung Hwa Middle School, BSB
- Sekolah Tinggi Perempuan Raja Isteri (STPRI)
- St Andrew’s School
- Sengkurong Sixth Form Centre
- Sayyidina Hasan Secondary School
- Sultan Sharif Ali Secondary School
- Sekolah Ugama Arab Menengah Perempuan Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hjh Saleha
- PJN Pg Hj Abu Bakar Secondary School, Mumong
- Tanjong Maya Secondary School, Tutong
- St Angela’s School, Seria
- Seri Mulia Sarjana School, Jangsak
- Stella School
- Al-Falaah School in Sg Akar
- Dato Ratna Hj Mohd Jaafar Primary School
During the reception on Monday, Acting CEO of DST Radin Sufri Radin Basiuni said the telco came up with the campaign to show its appreciation to teachers by giving them a treat at their school.
“It goes without saying that teachers play an important role in everyone’s lives and we wouldn’t be who we are if not for the teachers who have not only [imparted] us with [knowledge] but also guided us as we were growing up.”
He said the Teachers Day campaign aimed to show not only appreciation to all teachers but also those who participated in the campaign with their votes.
“DST would like to honor the teachers by celebrating with them at their respective schools and thank the schools [for giving] DST this great opportunity.”
Teachers were also treated to a lucky draw with Samsung smartphone as the grand prize.